EUSEW 2016 highlights
2100 participants, 9000 Award votes, 12 400 Tweets potentially reaching 18 million accounts, 270 000 page-views… A pat on the back to everyone who helped to make the EUSEW 2016 Policy Conference and activities such a big success!
Another EUSEW Policy Conference is over, and participants are setting out with new ideas, connections and motivation to build Europe’s sustainable energy future and empower energy consumers. Tweets, photos, news and events continue to come in, as the conference momentum and EUSEW Energy Days carry on throughout June.
The EUSEW Secretariat would like to thank everyone who played a part – session hosts, speakers, networkers, participants and organisers – in the Conference, Awards, Energy Days and special events during the 2016 edition.
Innovations in participation
Special highlights this year were the Citizens’ vote for the Energy Awards, new features on the app to speed up informal networking, a Twitter wall to share news and views as they happened, a musical dimension from conference ambassador Sudha Kheterpal and a conference tombola offering a hydrogen electric car test-drive for a day.
The event statistics make for impressive reading:
- Over 2100 registered participants
- 52 policy sessions
- 14 exhibitors
- 26 Networking Village programmes
- 340 speakers in policy sessions and the Networking Village
- 9 finalists
- 9008 votes in the Citizens’ Award
- 600 sign-ins and over 700 likes
- around 300 downloads and over 270 unique profiles
- Around 66 000 visits in the month leading up to the conference
- Over 270 000 page views in the same period
- 12 400 twitter mentions (8200 as retweets)
- Potential reach: 18 million Twitter accounts
- Top tweeting countries BE, UK, FR, IT, NL
- 900 Facebook views for the Opening Ceremony
- 550 Periscope views for the Awards Ceremony
Once again, a big thank you to everyone who made EUSEW such a great success, including the 450 organisers of high-quality Energy Days Europe-wide.
We look forward to seeing the results of this flagship event spread in support of the Energy Union. Join us again at EUSEW 2017!